David and Eliza Glass House Museum

The David and Eliza Glass House Museum

The David and Eliza Glass House Museum, a white Italianate Victorian home built in 1877, was relocated from its original site at Lora Nita Farm to the southern portion of Forest Home Farms park. On May 15, 2010, it opened as a Historic House Museum on depicting life in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

The David and Eliza Glass House Museum is a two-story, wood frame dwelling with a one-story rear wing, which may be older than the main body of the house. The adjoining tank house, somewhat modified from its historic condition, is a two-story wood-frame structure that is probably slightly later in date than the house. The exterior has been restored to its original beauty. The landscaping around the home is being recreated to resemble a 1890’s photo of the house.

Museum Tours

Museum Tours are typically scheduled every Saturday 1 pm, but other times are available by appointment.

Volunteer Opportunities

We will be recruiting volunteer docents and gardeners. There are lots of ways to get involved in this project. For more information, call the City of San Ramon at (925) 973-3284. You can also check out the Volunteer section of this website.